Saltar para: Post , Pesquisa e Arquivos 
Circuitos Turísticos - Viagens - Tours - Organização de Eventos - Travel - Tours - Events
Duration – 1 week
Travel: Moura »Reguengos Monsaraz: 48 kms
Travel time (expected): 60 minutes.
Reguengos de Monsaraz is a Portuguese city in the District of Évora, in the Alentejo region and Central Alentejo sub-region, with about 7200 inhabitants.
It is the seat of a municipality with 461.22 km ² and 10,828 inhabitants (2011), divided into five parishes. The municipality is limited to the northern city of Alandroal, east by Mourão, and southeast by Moura, and southwest by Portel, Évora and west by northwest at Redondo.
Became the seat of the county for the first time in 1838 (replacing the previous seat of the county in the village of Monsaraz) and definitely in 1851. It was elevated to the administrative category of village in 1840 and a city on December 9, 2004.
Reguengos de Monsaraz is second largest city in the district of Evora (largest city in the suburban area of Évora), constituting one of the four municipalities that make up the suburban area of Évora, which are Arraiolos, Montemor-o-Novo, Reguengos de Monsaraz and Viana Alentejo. The city is located just 25 minutes from Évora and offers network bus "Road Alentejo" who makes the journey Reguengos - Evora and Evora -Reguengos with some frequency.
Of all the municipalities that make up the district of Évora, Reguengos de Monsaraz stands out for the wide range in terms of rural tourism high quality (including housing Tourism), along the long side of Monsaraz on the Guadiana River and Albufeira Alqueva.
The city provides a wide nightlife, which figure in a few stores, free of crime and good environment.
In cultural and leisure terms has a movie theater / municipal auditorium, several bakeries and restaurants typical of the Alentejo region and even some traditional trade, public swimming pool, several football fields, fitness circuit, municipal arena, several squares with terraces, library municipal, Internet corner, free wireless in the main square. In terms of education, has four schools (kindergarten / kindergarten, primary school, primary school, secondary school), and a pole at the Open University.
The Alqueva dam is the seventh largest dam in Portugal (has 96 meters high), situated on the Guadiana river, within Alentejo, near the Spanish border. It is the largest artificial lake in Europe, with 250 km2. Its capacity, 4,150 m3, allows the conquest of the title of the largest Portuguese water tank.
The dam was constructed for the purpose of irrigation for the entire region names within and production of electrical energy in addition to other complementary activities. Several of the Global System infrastructures are already built and in many other advanced draft stage.
Today, Alqueva is becoming one of the tourist destinations of excellence where the relaxing week-ends have a prominent place. The tranquility, combined with the numerous activities and dissemination of traditional customs and local crafts are becoming the Alqueva a place of election.
The first references to the need to create a water reserve in the Guadiana river, in the Alentejo, there are at least 100 years, although the project, while Venture Multi Purpose, 1957 date, at which the Irrigation Plan was created from Alentejo.
Identified water source in the Guadiana, International River shared with Spain, it was necessary to establish an agreement to regulate the use of water. It was then concluded the Portuguese-Spanish International Covenant that came assign Portugal hydraulic operation of the international section of the river between the confluences of the river Caia and the Cuncos riverside. This Agreement, signed in 1968, already included the construction of the Alqueva dam, a critical element of the Multi Purpose Alqueva Venture.
Between advances and retreats, is the history of the government's decision in 1975 to give effect to the Project and the start of work in Alqueva in 1976. Preliminary work lasted only two years, time to build the cofferdams of upstream and downstream; temporary diversion tunnel of the river, to allow work on his bed; access and support infrastructure.
The Enterprise then entered a phase of reviews and new studies with the Government decided to resume the project in 1993. It was then created the Installation Committee of the Alqueva Company that designed and launched the first international tenders for the resumption of the Enterprise. Two years later, in 1995, the Commission gave way to edia - Development Company and Alqueva Infrastructure, SA, which resumed work on Alqueva.
In May 1998 took place the first concreting and in January 2002 was completed the main body of the dam, allowing the start of the filling of the Alqueva reservoir on 08 February the same year. (cf. EDIA)
Castelo de Reguengos (Castle Reguengos)
Down the primitive fortification, conquered by Geraldo Fearless in the mid-century. XII. This primitive fortification little survived the dionistina reform and all we can see is a classic example of military architecture of the principle of the century. XIV, having been extended immediately after the proclamation of John IV. The
The castle-fortress of Monsaraz (National Monument), built at the southern end of the village, maintains, although with slight changes Manueline, the Dionysian Afonsine-tert structure.
Built with the predominance of granite and regional shale, has a trapezoidal plan, with regular height wall, flanked, in the extreme, for four thick square towers and focusing, significantly, the Keep tower.
The work dates back to the reign of King Dinis. It was built in pentagonal plan and is divided into three floors: ground floor (former municipal dungeon until the reign of King John II and later armory), Noble House of commander's residence (currently space for the realization of small exhibitions) and the top floor for the palace collection.
Antas 1 and 2 Olival Pego
Situated 14 Kms of Reguengos de Monsaraz, north of the road connecting this city Monsaraz, near the outhouse village, near the river of the Handle, were built, probably between 3500 and 3000 before our era two tapirs corridor, large.
Some mainstays of the camera and a jumble of fallen stones, let you easily identify the location of Anta Anta Grande do one or the handle Olive grove, a large dolmen corridor.
This Anta is formed by a polygonal Chamber, extended to the east by a long corridor and some monoliths still "in situ".
One of the mainstays of the House, intact, has more than 3 meters high.
In Anta 1 of the handle Olive grove, took place at least 134 burials, perhaps even 142, which is presumably the highest number known monuments of Reguengos.
The Anta 2 Olival da Pega, whose hat is resting on two supports, includes a camera and a corridor to the east.
The Anta 2 has not been fully excavated, but in Annex monument, the Tholos opSB, the team from the center of Archaeology at the University of Lisbon found human remains of more than 118 individuals, only for the first phase of use.
Recent archaeological work, together with The collected estate (134 schist plates and 200 ceramic vessels) revealed that this monument, more than a tapir, but a real funerary complex that includes, besides the dolmen, 4 attached burial areas.
Menhir of Bulhôa
Located 4 kms north of Monsaraz, was classified as a National Monument to November 22, 1970.
The menhir of Bulhôa was identified in 1970. He stood down and fractured by Mason survey, its base with a diameter of 1,15x0,65m, the mutilation of signals caused by large wooden wedges. Judging by what remains, it is thought that this monument would never have had less time to 4 meters.
In order to reconstruct its original size, was cut a base, conjectural height in the region grandiorito.
Menhir of elliptical section granite, with about 4 meters high, engraved on both sides. The richest engravings face, is an album Megalithic symbolic art. In it are figured, among other symbols, a sun, a cane or walking stick curved, wavy or serpentine and zigzags.
It was rebuilt on September 29, 1970 and, shortly after, a National Monument (Decree 516/71, 22/11/70).
Location: 4 Km north of Monsaraz
After the reconstitution of this cromelech, were found in the vicinity, some 300 meters to the north, small standing stones of granite, all recorded in the database. It is the only monument transferred across the backwater area of Alqueva and was reinstalled in 2004.
Discovered by Mr. José Cruz and Eng. Leonel Franco, and identified in 1969 by Dr. José Pires Gonçalves, this set is not exactly a "Cromlech" in the geometric sense, which assumes an oval or circular arrangement.
Consists of 50 standing stones of granite, most fractured, some have a clear phallic morphology. Much of the menhirs found themselves prostrate, although some of them were "in situ", which contributed to that related these positions as strong contributions to reconstruct the monument.
In the center of the quadrilateral is a menhir with 4 meters high, 0.75 m in diameter and 7 tons of weight.
Note: Cromeleque Sherry was the only monument megalithic rated the municipality of Reguengos de Monsaraz, transferred to another location across the region of influence of Alqueva.
Castelo do Esporao (Castle Spur)
Castle Spur, also referred to as Tower of the Spur or Solar Spur Estate, located in the parish, town and municipality of Reguengos de Monsaraz, Évora District, Portugal.
Considered as one of the most important towers built during the transition from the Middle Ages to the modern age, is in the old manor house on the homestead of Mendes de Vasconcelos, noble family on the rise in Court, linked to the House of Braganza in the second half of the 16th century .
A Torre tardo-medieval (The late medieval tower)
The Esporão has its limits since 2 May 1267. The tower was erected by Morgado Álvaro Mendes de Vasconcelos, between the years 1457 and 1490, dates correspond to the time of possession of the squire and his death. Álvaro Mendes was home rider of the Duke of Bragança and governor of the city of Évora.
Is classified as a Public Interest Property by Decree published on July 18, 1957.
The recovery project
In 1973 Esporão was acquired by Joaquim Flag and José Alfredo Parreira Holtreman Roquette, which constituted on 27 September of that year, Finagra - Industrial and Agricultural Society, starting a successful wine project. Over the years, the company has made efforts with the government in order to rehabilitate the architectural heritage under their responsibility. With the authorization granted by IGESPAR, and fully assuming the project costs, Finagra proceeded to the restoration and rehabilitation of the monument, whose works have developed over four years, from 2000 to 2003.
In October 2004 purposes, Spur Tower reopened its doors with an archaeological exhibition.
The Tower of presents plant in a quad format with dimensions of 14.4 by 10.9 meters. These dimensions, wider than those practiced in the region at the time were to influence similar structures in the Alentejo.
Registered throughout the call Some of the Spur, over the centuries its initial design has changed significantly. The set consists of a fortified arched door, with a spiral staircase by which you access the defensive terrace and the Chapel of Our Lady of Remedies, which highlights the frescoes in the main chapel, also restored under the project recovery.
Olaria de S. Pedro do Corval (Pottery of S. Peter Corval)
The potteries of St. Peter Corval date of its existence from the Arab period, around the year 1276. The pieces of pottery with its unique and characteristic patterns are a true mirror of rural life and tradition of St. Peter Corval. Parts of this area are imposed naturally by the beauty of its composition and its unique decorative effect.
It was the largest pottery center in the country that emerged Pottery Carrilho Lopes. The March 21, 1970, in St. Peter's Corval once called Aldeia do Mato, which belongs to the municipality of Reguengos de Monsaraz. Augustine Gens Cachaço Lopes is, sole proprietorships, pottery which is now managed by his son, Antonio Lopes Carrilho.
The potter family tradition is centuries old, dating from the time Cachaço Francisco Lopes, father of the founder and grandfather of current manager.
In 1997 the pottery was incorporated company under the name Pottery Carrilho Lopes, Lda., Getting António Carrilho Lopes and his wife, Catherine Lopes Carrilho, as managing partners. Over the years have been produced in the pottery magnificent pieces, and most of these works were sold all over the world.
In the 13th century was at the end of Monsaraz, a place called Spur Source, which was extreme with Portel term. John Peres Aboim, descendant of Egas Moniz and Butler-Mor of the Kingdom, the central figure Afonso III's time, and lord of Portel, had coveted this place and was able to buy it in 1264. Attaching the spur of the Source to other territories it had been donated by the municipalities of Monsaraz and Portel, John Aboim formed in 1267, the Defence of the Spur, one of the oldest properties in the south of Portugal.
Spur remained in the following centuries the descendant’s families, always belonging to powerful figures in the kingdom. Instituted Morgadio in 1427 the Defense of the Spur would be protected divisions or divestitures and is the main reason you have arrived intact in its limits to the present day. The spur had as one of its first Squires, Álvaro Mendes de Vasconcelos, Mem Rodrigues de Vasconcelos grandson, Master of the Order of Santiago and commander of the famous Ala Valentine in the Battle of Aljubarrota. The second half of the fifteenth century, the entire 16th century and the 17th century were the main periods in the history of the estate.
Vasconcelos Mendes were the first line of figures in the Kingdom, gentlemen diplomats either in the Court of King John II, either in the D. Manuel, both in the John III and even throughout the Philippine Dynasty, and staged relevant episodes for national history. It is under the command of this family that are built today are those that property references of the Spur: the Tower, the shrine of Our Lady of Remedies, the entrance arch of the fence. But it is also with Vasconcelos Mendes which is provided with papal approval, the Chapel of the Spur in the Cathedral of Évora, whose arc 1529 is one of the first examples of renaissance in the city. His famous altarpiece of Flemish influence, created by the painter Pedro Nunes de Évora, already runs in the 17th century by testamentary disposition of Helena Noronha da Costa, wife of Morgado 6 of the Spur, Manuel de Vasconcelos, counselor of Philip III of Portugal.
The end of primogeniture would only occur in the 19th century, a result of the Liberal Revolution, and it is with the legislation Mouzinho da Silveira that all these links the Ancien Régime are abolished in practice in the second half of the century. Also, the homestead kept their limits, since without the protective bond, held by the Counts of Alcáçovas until it was acquired in 1973 by FINAGRA Company with the draft there to plant a large expanse of vineyards that would lead years later to spur the wines. We speak in short strokes of the rich history of this southern area after its creation as medieval defense, but the history of the territory goes far beyond that. Human occupation of the spur is present from prehistoric periods.
Were investigated some Neolithic sites such as the town of Spur Tower and we know of the existence of megalithic monuments, a dolmen of the spur that already in afonsino charter of Monsaraz 13th century strong and rich lands, these. Rich in history, heritage, life and poetry. We went back to the beginning, and always to John Peres Aboim, poet and troubadour. Its poetic and loving wanderings arrived in legends and poetry, inspiring today. That says Alandra, the Moorish princess who was enchanted by and to whom he dedicated beautiful love songs...
Wine and Olive Oil
Ranked among the most respected wines of Alentejo and Portugal, the wines of Esporão helped create and revolutionize the region adding, among many other details, labels designed by artists that are renewed every year, sponsoring both the Alentejo wine and Portuguese culture.
When the Spur project was created in 1973, the Alentejo was still a relatively unknown region that few associated with wine. Today the wines of Esporão are among the greatest of Portugal, visible not only in the exclusivity of the Spur Tower, the recognized quality of Spur Reserve and Private Selection, white and red, but also in personality and predicates of wines Monte Velho and Vine Defence, as well as versatility and consistency of Alandra wines, wines that are among the best quality relations / price of Portuguese wines
Services: Wine Tasting, visit the vineyards and winery, Shop, Dinner, Restaurant, Bar a Wine.
7200-999 Reguengos de Monsaraz,
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org - Web: http://www.esporao.com
Reguengos de Monsaraz
The power does not differ from most of Alentejo municipalities, based on the wise use of excellent bread, aromatic herbs, olives, olive oil, goat cheese and sheep, the lamb, pig and all he can give, including ham and sausages. Then there are fish the river, hunting - rabbit, partridge, hare, wild boar.
Thus, we can refer to cod açorda, this ever present, migas with pork, or with asparagus, the shark soup, lamb stew, hare with beans, rabbit in wine and garlic, that is, a never end variants. Also abound candy, convent, with eggs, sugar, almonds and walnuts - Fresh eggs with almond, Sericaia - the sweet rice. As rural county that is, with the cultivation of vineyards and olive groves, there is the consequent production of olive oil, the quality of which has been determined and recorded, and wine. It is a municipality with ancestral traditions in wine production, which is of high quality. Several wineries, some renowned as the Esporão produce beautiful wine, highly regarded in the market.
Sopa da panela (Pot of soup)
Migas com carne frita (Migas with fried meat)
Secretos de porco preto (Black pork secret)
Ensopado de Borrego (Lamb stew)
Açorda de alho (Garlic bread soup)
Feijao azeite e vinagre (Bean oil and vinegar)
Salada de pimentos (Pepper salad)
Orelha de porco em coentrada (Pig ear with coriander)
Doce de ovos com amendoas (Candy eggs with almonds)
WINE AND OLIVE OIL
Reguengos de Monsaraz
Azal – Azeites do Alentejo (Azal - Oils Alentejo SA)
Estrada Nacioal 254, Redondo
Olive oil producers
The Azal just seen their products just awarded at the beginning of its activity.
So in Biol, international competition in Italy, the most important in the world for organic olive oil, with more than 230 participating producers from around the world, Azal was the winner with an outstanding 1st place in the Prix Biolpack 2006 with your product azal earth.
This award is for the best packaging - design and more explicit and effective label - combined with the best quality.
This premium for there to be an important recognition of our work, also prides ourselves by seeing a Portuguese product to be distinguished worldwide, since although habitually Portuguese competitors had never been assigned to the national oil.
Also in Moura, in the National Olive Oil Competition held in Olivomoura, which included most producers from all over the country, Azal was the only company to be awarded two prizes:
Silver Medal awarded to Azal Memory and Bronze Medal for Azal DOP product in the category of Protected Designation of Origin Oils.
These distinctions are a good example of how Azal whether to distinguish, always driven by quality.
Adega Cooperativa de Borba CRL
Largo Gago Coutinho / Sacadura Cabral 25, Borba
EXCELLENCE OF OUR WINE IS A WORK LONG RESULTS, SE EXPRESSING WHAT THE QUALITY OF OUR PRODUCTS.
Wine and Olive Oil Production
Founded in 1955, Borba Cellar was the first of a series of wineries formed in Alentejo, with the encouragement of the then National Wine Board, at a time when the industry had no role who is now the regional economy. In fact, this was not decisive push given by that state body, so that allowed a commercial and manufacturing organization for Alentejo wines, the vineyard culture would have completely disappeared from the region because all the incentives of the time were facing culture cereals, and do Alentejo Country barn was a more than consolidated policy for the time.
After 3 decades of resistance, in which only the great value of regional varieties and the excellence of natural conditions enabled the production of wine in the Alentejo remained, finally came up to the eighties, where the full potential of the region for the production wine can be assessed and confirmed by the Consumer. That benefited the region of production is associated with large cellars, and thus faster if it fitted in technology than other regions of the country, giving the jump for bottled wine quality, at a time when the consumer has become more demanding and to focus on quality that the amount more. It is true that the constitution of the Alentejo demarcated region and the formation of associative technical structures that quickly issued new technologies with the grower were essential throughout the process.
Camim – Cooperativa Agricola de Reguengos Monsaraz CRL (Carmine - Agricultural Cooperative of Reguengos de Monsaraz CRL)
Rua S. Tiago, 31
CARMINE - Agricultural Cooperative of Reguengos de Monsaraz - was established in 1971 by a group of 60 farmers. Thirty-nine years later, the quality of wines CARMIM has become synonymous with excellence. The company leads the domestic market in the segment of quality wines.
CARMIM currently has about nine hundred members and produces 24 wine references: from whites to reds, young and reserves, through the liqueur, sparkling rosé or. CARMIM also produces brandy and olive oils of recognized quality.
The wines of CARMIM were already awarded more than two hundred and fifty prizes in several national and international competitions.
The quality of the raw material, derived from a designation of origin region, is one of the benefits of this Cooperative; the pair of human capital and an agro-industrial complex of 80,000m2 equipped with the latest technology. There is a reception capacity of one million two hundred thousand kilos of grapes per day, bottling fifteen thousand bottles per hour and store up to thirty-two million liters, which makes the CARMIM the largest winery in the Alentejo and one of the country's largest !
We hope you have the opportunity to visit us to prove the quantitative and qualitative dimension of our Company, see all the wine production process and sampled with our wines!
Come taste the noblest of drinks, one of its most noble houses.
Esporão Apt.31 | 7200-999 Reguengos de Monsaraz
Founded in 1973 by José Roquette and Joaquim Flag, the spur is one of the most important wine companies in Portugal.
Determinant in national and international affirmation of the Alentejo, the spur is also now an ambassador of the Portuguese culture, developing its activity within the limits of sustainability and building close relationships with customers and consumers worldwide.
Spur is present in the Alentejo region, which produces such iconic wines like Spur Reserve and Monte Velho, as well as extra virgin olive oil. Integrated in the cellars, is the wine tourism of Esporão. Following on the spur of the project is the Quinta dos Murças, property in the Douro region, where they are produced terroir wines with Spur warranty seal.
The spur markets its products in all kinds of shops and restaurants in more than 50 countries worldwide.
The holistic approach in adapting to a wide range of innovative sustainable practices of the Spur has led to several national and international awards, which highlights the prestigious "Sustainability of the year award" in "The Drinks Business Green Awards 2013". The spur was also awarded the prize in the "Green Project Awards 2013" for sustainable farming practices and got honorable mention for water-saving projects, energy and waste.
In 2014, the Spur won the "European Business Awards for the Environment" in the category "Products and Services".
Granadeiro Vinhos (Grenadier Wines)
Monte Perdigões - Apartado 147 - 7200-999 Reguengos de Monsaraz
In view of Reguengos de Monsaraz, is Mount Perdigões.
Held by the Grenadier family since 2001, Mount Perdigões was in Gois Damian house times and generations later the illustrious composer Luis de Freitas Branco, musician here he wrote some of his most outstanding works. Always a place marked by artistic sensibility and free thinking.
In its modern winery in that prevail noble materials such as marble Alentejo and French oak are vinified and bottled the Grenadier wines under the strict control of a dedicated team led by winemaker Pedro Baptista and inspired by the author's vision of Henry Grenadier.
With a long and recognized career in the public and private sector, Henrique Grenadier created long ties to the wine environment, particularly through the functions it performs in front of Eugenio de Almeida Foundation.
Since 2001, launched its own project and faithful to that old passion: creating wines. Passion that now bears its maximum expression in the heart of the region where he was born, with the creation of author wines which gives your knowledge and your name
to be continued...
Post by: António Duro