Saltar para: Post , Pesquisa e Arquivos 
Circuitos Turísticos - Viagens - Tours - Organização de Eventos - Travel - Tours - Events
Duration – 1 week
Travel: Arraiolos »Évora: 23 kms
Travel time (expected): 30 minutes
The city of Évora is the main urban center of the region, population and functional terms. The social and economic dynamics of the city has managed to buck the trend in the region as a whole, maintaining a similar growth to that of other medium-sized Portuguese cities by the year 2001, after reversing this trend, reflecting the influence of some significant migration still sufficient to compensate for the natural balance.
In recent decades the increasing urbanization of the population is presented as a trend globally, with the increase of population transfer of small clusters for large cities and for medium-sized cities. Although Portugal has a much lower rate of urbanization to the rest of the European area and the growth dynamics of urban centers continue to show higher values than the surrounding regions in the last decade, the population of Évora, in the previous decade had seen a increase close to 800 people, recorded a population increase of 77 inhabitants only.
Due to its location, Évora is constituted as space hinge between the Alentejo and Extremadura. In fact, the Sines Port Platform ensures the maritime transport of cargo between southern and northern Europe, as well as road access (by way IC33, IP2 and A6) throughout Europe, through the city-port of Elvas. It is accepted that this dynamic is enhanced in the future through the LTM rail corridor (Goods transport line).
Given its size, centrality and visibility in the national, Évora emerges as the pole with better conditions to lead the hierarchy of the regional urban system. Indeed, the city clearly has equity, cultural, academic vocation, and services, environmental quality, which seeks to boost the entire surrounding area to the city itself. Thus, the appreciation of the medium-sized cities network Alentejo region as well as the urban centers of influence above district council, is the main objective in the search for an integrated urban system. In conjunction with the national urban system, the medium-sized cities in the Alentejo region, with special relevance for Evora should contribute jointly to promote the harmonious development of regional complementary network.
Muralhas de Evora (Walls of Évora)
The Walls of Évora (about the medieval), also referred to as New About Évora or Fernandinas Walls of Évora, are located in the St. Anthony parish in the town of Evora, Portugal.
The whole is a National Monument since 1922, and integrates the entire Historic Centre of Évora, inscribed as a World Heritage UNESCO.2
The works of construction of this circuit walls began in the 14th century by order of Afonso IV of Portugal and lasted until the reign of Ferdinand I of Portugal.
Later, in the 17th century were reinforced by the construction of advanced bastions.
The set consists of the towers and wall panels erected in the 14th and 15th centuries to limit the medieval city, the towers of the ramp of the Collegiate, the Baluarte de San Bartolomé, the Public Garden, the Aviz doors, those located nearby the Calvary Convent (between the gates of Raimundo and the Lagoon), and between the stronghold of Count Lippe and the Cavalry Barracks.
These structures are characterized by different architectural styles, from Gothic and Manueline windows of the north and west elevations, the bastion style type of Aviz Port Vauban and other sections of seventeenth-century wall, to the revivalist style Raimundo port or a distortion of Port Lagoon, due to the numerous reedificações and renovations over the centuries.
Convento Santa Clara (Convent of Santa Clara)
The Convent of Santa Clara is located between the Serpa Pinto Street and Santa Clara, St. Anthony parish, in Évora.
This ancient religious house of Poor Clare nuns was founded in the 16th century by the then Bishop of Évora, D. Vasco Perdigao, with some features that individualized, at the time, the various Alentejo religious houses, such as the picturesque laced windows of the towers / lookouts. The church today has a baroque appearance (gilt and 18th century tiles) and beautiful murals at the top of the ship and the two choirs. The cloister and other convent buildings, such as the dining room and the room of the Chapter, remain more or less intact.
Due to the extinction of the Religious Orders, the convent closed on May 9, 1903, with the death of the last nun, Maria does Carmo Ludovina. Then entered in state ownership, which it installed a Barracks Infantry from 1911 to 1936. From that date, began serving the Industrial School and then Preparatory, having then been the subject of several restoration campaigns, which have kept the sober convent aspect of this vast building, now harboring the Escola EB 2,3 of Santa Clara.
Currently is installed in the church of Santa Clara the provisional core of the Museum of Évora, due to construction of the building where it is installed.
Aqueduto da Água de Prata (The Silver Water Aqueduct)
The Aqueduct of Silver Water, also known as the Aqueduct Water Silver or Silver Aqueduct is a complex work of Renaissance hydraulic engineering in order to supply the city of Évora with water. Opened in 1537, was built during the reign of King John III and designed and built by the royal architect Francisco de Arruda.1 The aqueduct carries water from springs located in Divor of Grace, which "have their first principle in Herdade das Figueiras Wolf, to the city of Évora traveling about 18 Km. it is part of the Historic Centre of Évora included List of UNESCO World Heritage Site and is a National Monument since 1910. the aqueduct is one of the few this season that continues to operate today, contributing to the supply of the city.
It was developed in 1531 and was inaugurated on March 28, 1537, has an extension which runs about 18 Km from the Grace of Divor to its final destination, the city of Évora. Ordered the construction by order of King John III, was designed and built by the royal architect Francisco de Arruda. According to measurements made in the early 17th century (1606), the former Raceway sixteenth average 16 646 sticks, which are 8,323 fathoms, the equivalent of 18,310.60 meters.
The development experienced by the city in the late Middle Ages, led to Évora halt great importance in the national urban structure. King John I (1385 - 1433) ranked as the second city of the Kingdom and the King Afonso V (1438 - 1481) chose it to headquarters of its military campaigns. In the 16th century the city acquires an even greater prestige, watching its peak in wealth, political importance, economic and cultural that time. In this century the court went on to stay long periods in Évora from the reign of King Manuel I, resulting in the construction of the Royal Palace, numerous palaces and wealthy houses of nobles, as well as convents, churches, schools and other buildings. It is also this century the foundation of the University of Évora by Cardinal Henry.
In the first decades of the 16th century the supply of drinking water to Évora was clearly insufficient, especially in the summer months. Further aggravated by the lack of water facilitated the appearance of fever with its tragic and deadly consequences. It is important to consider that the city of Évora had suffered in previous decades three plague epidemics with tragic consequences (1495, 1509 and 1523).
Despite the lack consistent scientific evidence, we consider the possibility have been another aqueduct, more or less superimposed on the sixteenth-century aqueduct, during the Roman occupation, when the Evora was called Ebora Liberalitas Iulia.
After waiting for four decades and two vain attempts the work was finally achieved in a short time. In the 30s of the 16th century King John III mobilized important technical, human and financial resources to provide the city with the most extensive and complex project of hydraulic engineering of its time. For the construction of the aqueduct was also told the financial contribution of the nobility of Évora with 691,640 kings (old currency), through tax of the royal household incomes to launch the "great song".
The earliest description of what is known of the aqueduct is the time of the reign of King Philip I of Portugal and part of the Silver Water Aqueduct of Procedure dating from 1606:
"... The first water entering the Real pipe is in the mines where it has its principle, which is the ground of Rui Lopes Lobo, besides the Church of Our Lady of Grace Divor [...] these mines have two pipes separated into two very well-made arms [...] has three feet wide and six high, with its stone walls and lime, covered over large well-hewn stone [...] and as the water there is going to level, will the pipes in high land beneath it, sometimes 25 feet, and parts in 30 feet [...] these pipes [...] the right steps have luminarias to give clarity to those who visit the inside, taking away the stones the cover ... "
Sé de Évora (See / Evora Cathedral)
The Cathedral Basilica of Our Lady of the Assumption, better known as Cathedral of Évora, or simply Cathedral of Évora, although begun in 1186 and consecrated in 1204, this granite cathedral was completed only in 1250. It is a monument marked by the transition style Romanesque to the Gothic, marked by three majestic ships. In the 15th and 16th centuries, the cathedral received major improvements, dating from that time the high choir, the pulpit, the baptistery and the arch of the chapel of Our Lady of Mercy, also known as Chapel of the Spur, rare copy of plateresca hybrid architecture, dated 1529. from baroque altarpieces dating some golden details and other specific improvements in luxuries decorations. Even in the 18th century the cathedral was enriched with the construction of the new chapel, sponsored by King João V, where the exuberance of marbles was wisely combined with the austerity of the Romanesque-Gothic temple. In 1930, by request of the Archbishop of Évora, Pope Pius XI gave the Cathedral the title of Minor Basilica. In the following decades were carried out some restoration work, such as the demolition of Fitted vestiarias, 18th century, (which allowed to uncover the outer face and the cloister rosettes) and the apeamento some baroque altarpieces that misrepresent the medieval environment the aisles.
The facade of the cathedral is flanked by two towers, both the medieval period, and the tower on the south side of the cathedral bell tower, whose bells for centuries mark the passing hours of the city. Flanking the portal there are superb sculptures of Apostles 14th century Architectural stretch more emblematic of the exterior is the dome, cruise-lantern tower of the ships built in the reign of King Dinis, who is the former's landmark cathedral and one of the Popular parts of the city. In addition to the main entrance there are two more entries: the Puerta del Sol, facing south, with Gothic arches and the North Gate, rebuilt in the Baroque period.
The cathedral interior is distributed in large three ships (it is the largest Portuguese cathedral). In the central nave (the highest), is the Our Lady of Angel altar (also called the city Lady of O) in baroque carvings, with the Gothic images of the Virgin, in polychrome marble and the Angel Gabriel. Still, the central one may wonder if the pulpit (marble) and the magnificent pipe organ (both from the Renaissance period). In the transept opens up the ancient chapels of St. Lawrence and the Holy Christ (which communicates with the House of the Chapter) and the Chapels of the Relics and the Blessed Sacrament, both decorated with opulent gilded ornaments. In the left nave, near the entrance, opens the baptistery, enclosed by beautiful iron railings from the Renaissance period. In the north transept top is the beautiful Renaissance portal (attributed to Nicholas Chanterene) of the Chapel of Squires of the Spur (which it had grave).
Capela Mor (Presbytery)
The altar and chancel 18 century marble are JF Ludwig, best known for Ludwig, the architect of the Convent of Mafra. The building of this work was due to the need for space for the canons since the 18th century splendor of liturgical ceremonies required a greater number of clerics. Thus, the early Gothic chapel sacrificed himself (whose altarpiece painting can admire today in the Regional Museum of Évora). It combine white, green and pink marble (from Estremoz, Sintra and Carrara (Italy). One may also admire a beautiful Crucifix of Manuel Dias authored, called the Father of Christ, which on top painting of Our Lady of the Assumption (patron saint of the Cathedral), made in Rome by Agostino Masucci, as well as allegorical statues, busts of St. Peter and St. Paul and of an authorship of the pipe organ of the Italian master Pascoal Caetano Oldovini.
In the cloisters, of about 1325, there are statues of the Evangelists in each corner. The cloister, built by order of Bishop Peter, is a beautiful Gothic example, enriched with rosettes of various decorations. It is further ennobled by the funeral chapel of Bishop Peter (cloister founder), who’s gothic tomb still exists in the center of it. Recently been placed in the south wing of the cloister of the tombs of deceased archbishops of Évora in the 20th century.
The chorus is the result of the work done in the Manueline period. Has a valuable oak stalls, where they are carved mythological scenes, naturalists and rural, dated 1562.
The treasure houses of religious art pieces in the fields of vestments, painting, sculpture and jewelery. The most curious is a Virgin (Our Lady of Paradise) of the thirteenth century, ivory whose body opens to become a triptych with tiny carved scenes: her life in nine episodes. Among other pieces can be still admire the Cross-Reliquary of the Holy Cross (14th century), the Cardinal Henry Crosier (who was Archbishop of Évora and King of Portugal) and gallery of the Archbishops, where are portrayed all the prelates Évora from 1540 to the present. Both the treasure, as the gallery of the Archbishops part of the Museum of Sacred Art of the Cathedral, opened in 1983, during the celebration of the 8th centenary of the Cathedral. The Museum is installed, since May 22, 2009, the former College of Young Men the Cathedral Choir, building adjoining the cathedral, which after renovated, houses the collections of jewelry, vestments, paintings and sculptures, which make up the valuable treasure of the Cathedral.
Several major religious events are associated with this temple. It is said that here were blessed the flags of Vasco da Gama's fleet in 1497. The cruise is the tomb chapel of João Mendes de Vasconcelos, emissary of King Manuel the court of Charles V in Castile in the failed attempt to bring back the Portugal Ferdinand Magellan, who then prepared in Seville the first globe circumnavigation trip.
Igreja de São Francisco / Capela dos Ossos (St. Francis Church / Chapel of Bones)
The Church of San Francisco in Evora is a church of Gothic-Manueline architecture. Built between 1480 and 1510 by the masters of precious stones Martim Lourenço and Pero rail and decorated by the royal painters Francisco Henriques, Jorge Afonso, and Garcia Fernandes, is closely linked to the historical events that marked the maritime expansion period of Portugal. This is obvious in the symbols of the monumental nature of ogival dome: the cross of the Order of Christ and the emblems of the founding kings, John II and Manuel I.
According to tradition, this church was buried Gil Vicente in 1536.
According to tradition, the Convent of St. Francis of Évora have been the first home of the Franciscan Order in Portugal, having been founded in the 12th century According to the canons of the Rule of St. Francis, the early monastic church had three naves, with connecting chapels between itself. In this original building took place several important ceremonies such as marriage of D. Pedro I with D. Manuel Constance. This period left some traces, as evidenced by the trilobadas cracks that flank the main entrance. The church was remodeled in the late 15th century, having built the magnificent temple that exists today and that is one of the most impressive Portuguese churches. Respecting the original boundaries, the three ships were replaced by a single nave remaining, covered by bold Gothic-Manueline vault that reaches twenty-four meters high. The Convent of San Francisco then lived its golden moments, when the court of King Afonso V began to install the convent space during their stay in Evora. Thus, the church of San Francisco was elevated to the rank of Royal Chapel, hence the multiple royal emblems of John II and Manuel I. At that time, the monastery received the Golden Convent of title, such wealth that the Royal Family the decorated.
The splendor of these years (that somehow contradicted the Franciscan spirituality (of poverty and simplicity), was followed by a less glorious period, marked by the loss of independence (in 1580). In this period was built the curious Bones Chapel for that the community reflect the purpose of the ephemerality of human life. in the 18th century were built several gilded woodwork and marble (most of them subsidized by grantees of their chapels, where they had a private grave). in the 19th century a new crisis befall the Convent: the extinction of the religious orders in 1834. the entire monastic part was nationalized, having it installed the city Court, until about 1895, when, under severe ruin, if demolished virtually everywhere convent (bedrooms, part of the cloister, etc.). He saved up but the magnificent church because in 1840, there to transferred the seat of the parish of St. Peter.
Stand out in all the features of Gothic church-Manueline architecture, particularly the battlements and towers of the facades, the main portico and the magnificent dome of the ship.
Nave da igreja (Church nave)
In the vast nave of the church, open-ten side chapels, composed of gilded and polychrome carved (18th century) and stucco (19th century). Some are from the Convento da Graça church, from which they were saved from ruin. In the Baptistery is the font of the old church of St. Peter and a curious representation of Christ's Baptism in the Jordan, cork, from the former convent of Santa Monica.
Capela Mor (Presbytery)
The chancel altarpiece replaced a set of Renaissance painting (currently dispersed by Evora Museums and Ancient Art. The current altarpiece is the second half of the 18th century, marble, a work that contrasts with the manufactory environment of space. It is expose the great images of St. Francis and St. Dominic, as was the custom in the Franciscan churches. in chapel elevations are two beautiful Renaissance marbled windows, where the Royal Family attended the religious services (in the 16th century) and a large body of eighteenth-century tubes (Pascoal Caetano Oldovini). the stalls of the monks is decorated with representations of various Franciscan saints. the side altars still have several paintings from the Renaissance period.
Capela da Ordem Terceira (Chapel of the Third Order)
Particularly majestic is the Chapel of the artistic set of the venerable Third Order of St. Francis of Penance (consisting of lay people), it is harmoniously all the splendor of Baroque carving of the Johannine period with the tiles and representative screens Franciscan themes.
Capela de São Joãozinho (Chapel of St. Johnny)
Small Renaissance dependence of ribbed vault, once independent of the Franciscan temple, built on the north side of the transept. It was the early headquarters of the Holy House of Mercy of Evora and under its cover is the Annunciation angel sculpture in the 1st century marble.
Sala do Capítulo (Chapterhouse)
The destruction of the convent of saved up the old hall of the chapter, which in the nineteenth century was transformed into a chapel of Our Lord of the House of Bones (of great local devotion image representing the suffering of Christ on Calvary the way). The dressing room where the image is exposed is the model of the main chapel of the Cathedral of Évora, having been built by order of JF Ludwig, best known for Ludwig, the architect who designed in the 18th century.
A Capela dos Ossos (The Chapel of Bones)
The Chapel of Bones is one of the curiosities of this great monument, one of the symbols of the city of Évora. The chapel was built in the centuries 1 and 17, in place of the original dormitory of the brothers. Its construction started from the initiative of three Franciscan friars who wanted to provide a better reflection on the brevity of human life. The chapel consists of bones from the convent church of graves and other churches and cemeteries of the city. The walls of the chapel and the vaults are covered with thousands of human bones, which illustrate the idea of founding monks, expressed in the phrase on top the chapel porch: We bones that are here, for your hope.
The church is still rich in religious and Renaissance and Baroque painting statuary, as reflected in chapels and other dependencies that survived to this day.
Templo Romano de Évora / Templo Diana (Roman Temple of Évora / Diana Temple)
The Roman Temple of Évora is located in the town of Evora, Portugal; is part of the historic city center, which was classified as World Heritage by UNESCO. The Roman Temple is a National Monument by IGESPAR. One of the most famous landmarks of the city, and a symbol of Roman presence in Portuguese territory.
Located in the parish of the Cathedral and St. Peter, at Largo Conde Vila Flor, is surrounded by the Cathedral of Évora, the Tribunal of the Inquisition, the Church and Convent Lóios the Évora Public Library and the Museum.
Although the Evora Roman temple is often called the Temple of Diana, it is known that the association with the Roman goddess of the hunt originated from a legend created in the 17th century, in fact, the temple was probably built in honor of the Emperor Augustus who was venerated as a god during and after his reign. The temple was built in the 1st century AD in the main square (forum) of Évora - then called Liberatias Iulia - and changed in centuries 2 and 3. Évora was invaded by Germanic peoples in the 5th century, and it was at this time that the temple was destroyed; today, its ruins are the only traces of the Roman Forum in the city.
The ruins of the temple were incorporated into a tower of Évora Castle during the Middle Ages. The base, columns and architraves continued embedded in the walls of the medieval building, 2 and the temple (turned into tower) was used as a 14th century butcher until 1836. This use of the structure of the temple helped preserve the remains of further destruction . Finally, after 1871, the medieval additions were removed, and the restoration work was coordinated by Italian architect Giuseppe Cinatti.
The original temple was probably similar to the Maison Carrée of Nîmes (France). The Temple of Évora is still with his full base (the podium), made of both regular format of granite blocks as irregular. The format of the base is rectangular and measures 15m x 25m x 3.5m altura.5 The south side of the base used to have a staircase, now in ruins.
The porch of the temple, which no longer exists, was originally a hexastilo. A total of fourteen granite columns still standing on the north side (back) of the base; many of the columns still have their capitals in Corinthian style supporting the architrave. The capitals and bases of the columns are made of white marble Estremoz, while the columns and architrave are made of granite. Recent excavations indicate that the temple was surrounded by a reflecting pool.
Igreja da Misericórdia (Church of Mercy)
The Church of Mercy is an important religious monument in the city of Évora, situated in the Misericordia Square, the Cathedral parish and St. Peter.
The foundation of the Holy House of Mercy Évora dates back to December 7, 1499, having been instituted by the King Manuel I, by his wife Queen Maria and his sister, the widow Queen Leonor. Having had the first seat in the Chapel of St. Johnny (attached to the Convent of San Francisco), came moved to this location in the reign of King John III. The first stone of the church was laid in 1554.
The church, with a single nave and sober proportions, presents a majestic set of baroque art of the 17th and 18th centuries, one of the most beautiful churches in the city of Évora. The side walls are lined with beautiful blue and white tile panels, topped by oil paintings, representing the spiritual Works of Mercy and materials, respectively. The back wall is completely filled with a remarkable altarpiece of gilt, surmounted by the representation, the oil, the Virgin of Mercy. The throne of solemn exposition of the Holy Book, on Holy Thursday, is hidden for the rest of the year by another screen, representing the Visitation of Our Lady to her cousin Elizabeth. On the right, the body of the church, gets up the gallery with the seats where they take place the Poll workers of the Brotherhood during solemn ceremonies.
Villa Romana de Nossa Senhora da Tourega (Villa Romana of Our Lady of Tourega)
The Roman Villa Tourega Our Lady is a Roman villa, classified as a site of public interest since 2012.1 located in the Parishes Union of Our Lady of Tourega and Our Lady of Guadalupe (old parish of Our Lady of Tourega) in the county and district of Évora.
Was situated in a privileged territory of Ebora Liberalitas Julia (now Évora), next to the Roman road bound for Salacia (now Alcacer do Sal) and distally from just five kilometers from the Roman road to Pax Julia.
Was heritage of people of ruling class linked to the exploitation of the land between the 1st century and 4. Roughly speaking, the village was an estate of the period of Roman occupation of the Iberian peninsula, similar to current Alentejo hills, consisting of a set of housing for residence of the owners and their employees, and equipped with private baths given the importance that the Romans always gave the hygiene and health care.
At its maximum extent the village would occupy an area of about five hundred square meters, with double spa, for both sexes, with rooms and hot and cold baths tanks. Today there are three tanks baths, rectangular, mortar wall built by taking the widest 24.5 meters long and about 4.6 meters wide.
Had a very complex internal structure, as shown excavation carried out especially in spa area. Three phase construction were identified in this space.
About 12 km from the city of Évora, you can find this Roman villa from an existing dirt deviation in the link road to Alcáçovas near the riverside Valverde. You can also get there on foot or by bike through a pedestrian path with signposts from Valverde (Évora).
Anta de São Brissos (Anta are Brissos)
The Anta are Brissos, built between the 4th and the 3rd millennium BC, is located in Escoural Santiago parish, in Montemor-o-Novo municipality.
The tapir is now transformed into a small chapel, dating from the 17th century, and is therefore also known as Anta of Our Lady of Deliverance or Anta-Chapel of Our Lady of Deliverance.
The tapir-chapel incorporates three of the original struts, as well as part of the original camera coverage. The opening facing the east was covered.
It is classified by IGESPAR. It is a National Monument desde1910.
Herdade da Serrinha (Serrinha of Homestead)
The Serrinha of Homestead is located in Serra do Monfurado that is entered as a site of Natura 2000 by the importance that has for the conservation of habitats and rare wildlife species. The Monfurado name (Monte Stuck) probably had its origin in the many there cavities, such as Escoural Cave that is located about 1 km. This area has a very rich fauna and flora that we want come and discover. We provide several paths in and out of the estate that can be covered on foot or by bicycle.
Trail of the Caves Escoural this trail has as starting point the Herdade da Serrinha and arrival Caves Escoural. Ideal for walk on a sunny spring day, or in a summer day with the possibility of going through the embers in the shadow of a cork oak. The Herdade da Serrinha has the possibility of booking for their visit to the caves (only by appointment).
Rail Serrinha this route is done by the tabs of the hills surrounding the Herdade da Serrinha. The predominant vegetation consists of the cork oak and holm oak. In the mountain points with higher altitude can enjoy landscapes of sight, since the water mirrors that surround the mountain range to Viana do Alentejo.
Rail White House this trail begins at Herdade da Serrinha, going through all the neighboring farms until you reach the village of White House. This route is easily accessible and can be done on foot or by bike. In addition to the already characteristic mounted Alentejo, rural landscapes deserve special mention.
Igreja de Nossa Senhora da Boa Fé (Church of Our Lady of Good Faith)
The Church of Our Lady of Good Faith was built in the early 16th century, having suffered subsequent amendments to the long 17th and 18th centuries.
Of rectangular shape, with façade facing north, this temple preserves the original construction the Manueline portal with a pointed arch framed by an arch curtain finished with pine cones and crowned by a cross of Santiago. Laterally, the columns that flank the portico are crowned by cogulhos.
The ship, with a rectangular plan and coverage in barrel vault, presents lined with panels of eighteenth-century tiles with Marian themes, the implementation of which is attributed to the Lisbon Workshop Bernardes. Flanking the main chapel, opened two side chapels dedicated to Dead Christ and Our Lady of the Rosary. The main chapel, also covered with tile panels with themes of life of the Virgin, submit to the center is a carved altarpiece whose throne is surmounted by a sixteenth-century polychrome sculpture of Our Lady of Good Faith (the Virgin and Child), an allusion the invocation of the temple. Attached to the church is the sacristy, divided into two premises, one of the original moth sixteenth year, with ribbed dome cover.
Menir dos Almendres (Menhir Almendres)
The Menhir Almendres is located in the parish of Our Lady of Guadalupe, in the municipality of Évora, Évora District, Portugal.
Is a megalithic monument located on a hill 1.3 km north-east of Almendres Cromlech, presenting isolated this. Archaeologists believe that the two monuments are related.
Anta Grande do Zambujeiro de Valverde (Anta Grande do Zambujeiro of Valverde)
Great Dolmen of The Zambujeiro is located about 500 meters from Valverde, in the beautiful county of Évora, in the vast Alentejo region.
This megalithic monument listed as a National Monument is one of the largest Antas Europe, as the biggest which are known throughout the Iberian Peninsula.
This is a region occupied by man since ancient times, existing even in the area several megalithic legacy of great importance.
The Anta Grande do Zambujeiro was discovered in 1965, and it was later carried out a study and research.
It would be used by Neolithic communities as a place of burial and tribute to their dead, probably also serving Shrine.
The set has 50 meters in diameter, comprising the polygonal chamber with 6 feet tall and a corridor about 12 meters long and 2 meters high and 1.5 meters wide, access to the outside.
The monument found himself covered by a gigantic Mound over 50 meters in diameter, and the excavation recovered an important estate of ritual objects of adornment, ceramic vessels, blades and arrowheads, among many others.
When it is said that the Alentejo cuisine revolves around bread, olive oil and herbs, even seems simple.
But knowing that does is ancestral. The recipes have been passed from generation to generation, and with them the secrets of the "hand" which raises the maximum power the exuberance of flavors
These pleasures can be such a perfect experience that justifies, by itself, several trips through the region. One is not enough. If you want to taste the fullness have to do as the Alentejo: eat and drink with the seasons.
Traditional cuisine is based on pork and lamb, olive oil, bread and herbs in the fields and streams that make rich and imaginative popular kitchen, and give life to the bread soup, the lamb soaked, the soup tion and game dishes. Beside this, the monastic tradition, and their desserts based on eggs, almonds and gila - thin bread, soaked, nun bellies.
In Évora, discover the thick bread, thin bread then, bacon-the-sky, soaked (Convent of Santa Clara), the heirs and queijadas
(Ensopado de Borrego - Lamb stew)
Sopa de toucinho (Bacon soup)
Sopa de Caçao (Cation soup)
Sopa de baldroegas (Soups purslane)
Açorda the Alentejo
Gazpacho the Alentejo
Ensopado de Borrego (Lamb stew)
Cabeça de Xara (Head xara)
Perdiz de Montemor (Partridge to Montemor)
Presuntos barrados a azeite (Hams barred the oil)
Sargalheta de toucinho à moda de Évora (Bacon Sargalheta stylish Évora)
Encharcada do Convento de Santa Clara (Soaked the Santa Clara Convent)
Bolo de mel (Honey Cake)
Bolo Joana do Convento de Santa Clara (Joan of Santa Clara Convent Cake)
Torreão Real de Évora (Turret Real de Évora)
Queijadas de Évora (Queijadas of Évora)
Toucinho da Madre Abadessa (Bacon of the Mother Abbess)
WINE AND OLIVE OIL
Herdade da Fonte Coberta (Homestead Source Covered)
Source Covered - Évora
We strive for wine production, but also for livestock production
One of the most important Wine Regions of Portugal, where the vineyard is currently the largest agricultural wealth of the region and where the production of fine wines is a reality, was born Herdade da Fonte Coberta.
Since the first wine-growing plantations, in 2003, there have been major investments in the vineyards (with complete and efficient drop irrigation equipment gout) and a modern winery equipped with the most advanced technology, built in harmony with the vineyard and all the surrounding area, have an area of 2600m2 distributed between the administrative area, laboratory, wine-making areas, bottling area and stage of the basement in the bottle and in oak barrels.
In 2006 was launched on the market the foremost wine produced in the Herdade da Covered Source: Monte Gold, the 2005 harvest.
The Herdade da Fonte located Covered, about, 5km south of the city of Évora, has a total area of 220 hectares, of which, currently planting of vines is approximately 170ha which is divided among various plots where they are planted several varieties, from which produces wine of excellent quality.
The average annual production forecast when in full production will be about 200,000 liters of white wine and 850,000 liters of red wine.
Exporting is one of the largest national economy development engines. Not being oblivious to this reality Herdade da Fonte Coberta has gathered efforts, investing in expanding the internationalization of its wines and is already possible to find the wines of Herdade da Fonte Covered in some European countries, Russia, China, Angola and Ivory Coast .
Since 2010 our wines Golden Acorn Selected Harvest Red, Herdade da Fonte Covered Red Book and the Source Book Cover White Estate have been distinguished in various competitions at national and international level. Among the various medals awarded highlight in 2013, the award of the wine Gold Medal "Golden Acorn Select Harvest 2011 Red" at the Concours Mondial de Bruxelles and the silver and bronze medals, respectively, to wines "Herdade da Source Book Cover 2008 Red "and" Herdade da Covered Source Book 2011 White "at the International Wine & Spirit Competition
Fundação Eugénio de Almeida - Adega Cartuxa (Eugenio de Almeida Foundation - Cellar Charterhouse)
Road Soeira, 7000-769 Évora
The Eugenio de Almeida Foundation is a private institution of public utility, based in Évora. Your statutes have been drafted by the founder himself, Eng Vasco Maria Eugenio de Almeida, when it was created in 1963.
The institutional mission of the Foundation is delivered in the cultural and educational, social and health care fields, and for the development and spiritual elevation of Évora region.
Among its assets, donated by Institutor to be the economic foundation of mission development, we highlight a number of farmsteads in Évora municipality in which the Foundation develops the farming and industrial project.
Continuing the exploration of the vineyard, which from time immemorial is done in the region, Eugenio de Almeida Foundation is also heir to a long history in the wine sector, because since the late 19th century that the culture of the vine is part of the productive tradition of the House agricultural Eugenio de Almeida.
Environment / Landscape in which it operates:
Based on Thursday Valbom, 2 km from the historic center of Évora, World Heritage city, and 200 meters from the Carthusian convent that inspired its name, the Wine Tourism Charterhouse is located in the former refectory of the Jesuit retirement home, that teached at the University of Évora in the 16th and 17th centuries with their expulsion in 1759, by order of the Marquis of Pombal, the property now belongs to the state, starting a few years later, in 1776, to work as a major mill wine that absorbed the wine production in the region. Acquired in the 19th century by Eugenio de Almeida family, the Charterhouse Cellar has undergone several renovations and expansions over time, preserving the richness of its architectural and historical memory. The Cellar Charterhouse - Thursday Valbom is now one of the training centers of the wines produced by Eugenio de Almeida Foundation. The success of this wine project has enabled the Foundation to generate the resources needed to fulfill its mission, focused on the social, cultural and educational in the region.
Special features of the vineyard:
The vineyard area of Eugenio de Almeida Foundation extends over more than 300ha on the farms of Pines, Casito, Horta Poplar and Quinta de Valbom. The preference for consecrated Alentejanas castes, and recommended to the Denomination of Origin Controlled Alentejo, has been instrumental in the creation of the wines of FEA. Thus, in white wines are used mostly composed the Alentejo varieties Wardrobe, Antao Vaz and Arinto. The red wines are obtained from the Aragonez, Trincadeira and Ink Caiada.
LOGOWINES, SA (Casa Agricola Alexandre Relvas, Lda.)
Pepper Homestead - S. Miguel de Machede 7005 - 752 Évora
T + 351 214 858 764
Established in 2007, the LOGOWINES aims production and grape wine, devoting himself so the operations of a cellar located in the pepper Estate, S. Miguel de Machede.
Acquired by Casa Agricola Alexandre Relvas, Lda. In 2011 to pepper the estate has 170 ha. The vineyard occupies 65 hectares of land, 10 of which in experimental field. The soils are mostly of granitic origin Clay Sandy with granite outcrops.
The Cellar LOGOWINES will have the capacity to produce, on cruise per year, about 2.5 million high-quality wine bottles, basing its operation in a truly business logic in relation to a profitable capacity utilization.
The LOGOWINES is located in San Miguel de Machede, 18Km from the city of Évora, in an exceptional tranquility and easy access environment.
Special Winery features:
The project's construction and equipment cellar integrates all the necessary components for a modern and efficient laboring in accordance with the highest standards of quality and enabling the application of oenological techniques to produce wines of excellence.
Regarding industrial innovation, the construction of the tanks was based on an innovative principle which consists in the superposition of fermentation and storage tanks. The tanks are double well, while at its top component have a ferment and lower the retention component.
Pêra Grave - Soc. Agrícola Unipessoal Lda (Pear Record - Agricultural Soc Unipessoal Lda)
Fifth St. Joseph of Peramanca | EN 114 - 5 km Évora
Apartado 130 | 7006-802 Évora
Quinta de S. José de Peramanca is located in the heart of the famous region known at least since the sixth century. XIV, cited in inquiries Fernandinas as - "VINEYARDS AND Peramanca LAND".
According Tulio Espanca the artistic inventory of Portugal: "The Chapel of the Quinta de S. José de Peramanca was built in realengas land where for centuries had experienced with fruit made famous wine Peramanca, which is quoted in the sixteenth century chronicles and was exported largely, in the Portuguese fleets in demand from overseas lands. "
The crowning excellence, the wines produced in the region Peramanca gain in the late 19th century several medals in international competitions, including gold in Bordeaux.
The current wines produced in this Thursday, offer you the opportunity to return to enjoy the remarkable wines produced by the Peramanca riverside.
End of circuit
Post by: António Duro